Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Scanning Project.






I like how the scanner makes the photos look grainy like they were taken 50 years ago. The truth is that the photos were in a shopping bag full of pics and most of them where covered with dust. The next couple of weeks I'm going to try to add as many of our old boats to the site. This photo has to be from 1993 (?), I'm the kid in the gray sweatshirt on the right. Looking through the pics and scanning them in took long enough. The effort in this post was in getting the photos onto the computer. Post over. Do you feel cheated? Enjoy the pics if you have any questions or comments send them along.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impress away! You got saved by the snow anyway...

Those pics are sweet...keep 'em coming.

Tower Todd said...

What kind of a boat is First Light? I like the tumblehome. (sp?)

Dan B said...

Nice pics... You should do some then and now shots of you and Dan.

Clark Island Boat Works said...

Todd, First Light is a 42' Wesmac.

next time say you like the flare of the hull, i had to google the word tumblehome and feel stupid.

Tower Todd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clark Island Boat Works said...

this tumblehome stuff has riled up the masses, im getting calls, text messages, emails, etc...

thanks for the new word.

flare = front
tumblehorn = stern

Tower Todd said...

(Note: Sorry for the deleted post above. Part of the text was off of the page and the meaning of what I was trying to say was not coherent without them. I'm tech challenged as it has already taken me about an hor to log in since E blogger forgot who I was and I don't enogh about this blogging to fix the problem quickly )

Carrying On:
Well I'm not a boat builder, so I may have stated it wrong but this is what I think it is I know. Google didn't really give a clear description, so I present the following pictures:

[IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc20/Towertodd/Flare.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc20/Towertodd/Tumblehome.jpg[/IMG]

Tomorrow you can walk into the shop and give a pop quiz to your crew. Remember to turn on the video camera first.

(sorry, you'll have to cut and paste into your browser to see the picture - hopefully it works)