Sunday, March 8, 2009

The daily posts are finished.

After today I am done showing off, no more working Sundays. I won't have to work at all now that you won't be getting status reports. When I got to work Dan and I spent 10 minutes staring at the boat and decided that the best move would be to make all the hatch frames. The lobster tanks could have been worked on but it will be easier to finish the inboard edge of the tank if the hatch frame is completed first. Two of the frames needed to hold 15" X 24" hatches and the middle frame needed to house a 24" X 24" hatch. The aft frame also needed accommodations for a smaller square hatch to access the propeller clean out tube. After getting all the tools and fasteners that I was going to need, I assembled the frames on the work bench. That is glossing over a project to the highest degree. The actual measuring, cutting, clamping, drilling, and screwing are kind of a brainless task. I'll just skip to the end. Four final cuts and the frames fit in the boat. None of them are fastened down, just set in place for the sake of this photo. By getting these frames done the crew should be able to crank the work out on Monday.

38' South Shore
35' Mitchell Cove

Some final web stats: 877 visits to the blog in 26 days, Average time on site 4min54sec

Cities with the most visits
  1. Portland ME (I think most people in Maine have their internet routed to Portland)
  2. New York NY (one mention on www.noreast.com)
  3. Beverly MA (who's blog are you going to read now??)
  4. Portsmouth RI (the owner of the 36' Calvin or his family)
  5. Lynnwood WA (see #3)
  6. Tiverton RI (see #4)
Let the content fermentation commence!! I'll throw something up when the 36' Calvin is done, and if I think of it maybe a picture or two when the 38' Northern Bay is launched. Thanks for checking in and/or following along (whichever applies). Remember Clark Island Boat Works is a full service boat shop...... we build new boats, fix old boats, and build anything metal. We are open 7 days a week and can be reached at 1-207-594-4112.

4 comments:

Dan B said...

I can't believe it's been 30 days.. I think for the experiment to be a complete success, you need to go 30 more days... or maybe once a week for a year... otherwise you're like FOX.. start a cool new show... run it until I get interested in the plot line and characters, then cancel it.

Tower Todd said...

I'm sad to see the daily blog ending. I also think you should keep it going at least a few times a week (maybe that way we can get once a week, maybe two).

You guys do very nice work and I'm glad I was able to "see" some of your operations.

Thanks,
Todd

(I'm still in for a shirt if you ever get them rolling)

Anonymous said...

Don't take my daily boat fix away - I need it!

Hox said...

Congrats on a month of blogging. I must say its been a screaming success. Keep it up!