Monday, February 16, 2009

This web site is so broken....

This would be a better front page then the blank square living at www.clarkislandboatworks.com.

I've been trying to direct traffic to the site and its been working. A major drawback are all the people telling me that the front page is broken. These are people that know the shop still exists and navigate to the other pages, not allowing the lack of a front page to totally ruin the cibw experience. However I have to believe that if a person stumbled onto the site through a google search for "+fiberglass +clark +lobster +maccaffray +boat" and they found a blank page, they would probably head for the exit
. Just when the blog seems to be taking off, the rest of the site is going to be my ultimate downfall. I mean this is suppose to be a professional business and our web page is a joke. Totally amateur. By now if Erika, my web site designer, is reading this she is at 7 (out of 10 on the anger scale). For everyone noticing broken stuff on the web site..........It is all my fault. I have been neglecting the web site for around two years and Erika has tried to hassle me about it, she even set up this blog figuring that I would get bored and type something every once in a while. Even the blog laid dormant for 3 months or so. Then Erika goes on a trip to Texas and I start using the blog. The site traffic triples in days and everyone is pointing out all these broken pages, and missing pictures, and awful blogs. Erika will be back in the next few days and I'm hoping she has time to fix up the web site.

Anyone looking to get a web site designed please contact Erika at www.tenaciousdesigns.com. She is excellent to work with and very talented at her job. However if you are extremely lazy and don't mind neglecting your website........she will let you. If you need constant supervision, you may want to hire someone with a more militant background. Thanks for all your help, we should have put a blog on the site 5 years ago. I did paste some code into the HTML of the blog page while you were on vacation, that's what probably broke the front page.

In other shop news: New fuel tanks for the 36' Calvin have to be 10" deep x 48" wide x 77" long to be 160 gallons a piece (231 cubic inches in a gallon). Also on the Calvin: more cleaning, some grinding, some welding, cut and drilled the lifting rails. (I had better slow down on this project if I plan to milk it until the middle of March) On the 38' Northern Bay: arch (not pictured) almost complete, gelled inside of wheelhouse benches, glassed center console on fly bridge. And finally, the real boss should be returning tomorrow, now maybe I can get some work done.

Other ideas for today's blog that didn't make the cut...

1. How much I hate to do paperwork.
2. The future of boat building, or lack of a future.
3. Should NASCAR have rules in place so the Daytona 500 isn't ruined by rain?
4. Best and Worst Music to build boats to.

That last one was never an option but lists look better with 4 so I made it up.

One dozen posts in One dozen days. Can I stop commenting about the number of posts, will it detract from the posts, will it make them better? If everyone who reads these posts got 3 of their friends to check it out we would be up to like 12 readers, think about that for a second.

1 comment:

Hox said...

Some people keep putting their fingers in the fire no matter how many times their fingers are slapped. Tsk tsk. I fixed your broken home page, now stop touching it or I will take away your toys.