Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The boat that the blog sold......

Most of you were probably under the impression that I had been injured in some type of boat building accident that rendered my hands useless. What else could account for no blog posts?? Truth be told I can be lazy when it comes to keeping up with my web work (ask the gal that runs my site). I am back behind the keyboard and you will be pleased to hear that the blogs will be starting up again with the type of regimented entries that led to the Clark Island Boat Blog to become the 73rd highest rated Maine boat building blog (this fact is open for debate). Anyway, we have another boat to finish. The boat will be a 32' Osmond Beal for a gentleman in Bermuda. He was surfing the web and stumbled onto our site and after he voted "yes" on the "are you ever going to buy a boat" poll he felt obligated to follow through on his click. The rest of you (I won't list your names) should follow his lead and order your boat today. Once all the Bermuda orders start pouring in the waiting list may delay your project so call now, our operators are standing by.

Today I made the trip to H & H Marine (click on the name if you want to check them out) to inspect the hull before it was delivered. Everything looked great and the guys at H & H were friendly and helpful. I told them I would try to sell another boat so keep their hulls in mind when you are placing your order. The hull will be in the shop by Thursday baring any craziness.

The owner has taken great care in making a list of things he wants included in the boat and seems like he has been thinking about this for a while. Selecting the engine is the only part of the project that is producing stress at this point, but he is looking for a reliable motor that can be easily serviced in Bermuda. So if anyone has any suggestions please leave a comment about great experiences with motors in Bermuda.............

SHOP NEWS SHOP NEWS SHOP NEWS

Dan and Clay have been rebuilding an old Novi (new deck, new wheelhouse, new side decks)
Dan Jr, Jeff, and I have been slugging away on the 38' Northern Bay (pushing it toward the finish line)
John has been making aluminum doors and hatch frames for the 38' Northern Bay (along with 59 other smaller metal projects)
There are two skiffs in yard that need minor repairs.

So as you can see everything at CIBW is looking great........... except for the online store. I had my first order for CIBW gear and then quickly received an email from Zazzle that claimed that my stuff was violating copyright laws. Apparently the Grateful Dead own any skull shaped drawing with a lightning bolt through its head so I'm going to have to come up with something else to put on our shirts and mugs (ideas in this area would be appreciated). Maybe just "CIBW ROCKS" or "AFTER I PAYED MY BILL AT CIBW ALL I COULD AFFORD WAS THIS SHIRT/MUG" or "SAVE A BOAT BUILDER, BUY A BOAT" or "I WISH I HAD BETTER WAYS TO END POSTS".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should have order the CIBW shirt with the Steal Your Face when I had the chance :(

Dan B said...

How about

Built to Last...
Unlike Jerry Garcia.

too soon?

Clark Island Boat Works said...

Its a good thing my dad doesn't read the comments, you would have just created yourself an enemy for life.

How about "Clark Island Boat Works, more successful than GM"?