Sunday, June 21, 2009

I have clearly fallen off the rails.........

Did not go to work today, spent the day with the family and played a little golf in the afternoon. I was able to try out my father's day present, a brand new SkyCaddie (very cool). Its a golf GPS that give accurate yardages to landmarks on each hole (pins, water, fairway, bunker, etc...). It was probably the greatest gift that a one year old has ever given to her father. Thanks Madelyn.

So through the power of the interwebs I found this guy that was trying to decide between building a windshield with 3 or 4 windows and for some reason I took some interest in helping with the choice. The hand drawn picture is from the kid building the boat (in Kansas City) and it shows the difference between the 3 and 4 window layout. I tried to explain some stuff in a response but words weren't getting the point across so I made and example computer drawing. I sent him an email asking about the actual dimensions so I could make a more accurate model (don't ask me why). Using the new information I made a 3D model of what the windshield would look like with 4 windows and then offered my opinion that 4 window would look sick (in a good way) compared to 3 windows. Clark Island Boat Works has no vested interest in the boat and yet I was compelled to do this. I will be seeing a doctor about this problem in the next few weeks unless the symptoms go away. As I was making the 3D model my wife was keeping an eye on the clock and kept asking me what the hell I was doing. Once it got to the 45 minute mark she told me to stop or get the kids address and send him a bill. He'll probably go with three windows and all my efforts will be for nothing. Oh well, it was fun to play on the computer and I think it came out pretty nice.

1 comment:

Clark Island Boat Works said...

if i can already see the 3D model in my head why would i waste my time on the computer??

plus until i get more ram for this clunker of a laptop, it takes longer to make the model than it does to build the boat.